- Investing in massage = investing in your health
Massage is a treatment and manipulation of soft body tissues with different purposes. Massage is used for relaxation, to reduce pain, relieve tension, promote health, and put body and mind to balance.
Good Products = better health
Since massage cream or oil penetrates into our body through our skin it is important which product is used. I am using high quality products for my clients:
- Biotone Pure Touch Organic Massage Cream
- doTerra Essential Oils
- Organic Footscrub and Cream
doTerra Aroma Therapy (add it to any service $10.00)
lavender (relax), peppermint (ease breathing), lemon (cleanse and uplift), wild orange (uplift mood)
About Essential Oils:
- Essential oils are natural compounds that are found in the seeds, bark, rinds, stems, roots, flowers and other parts of plants. They give plants, flowers and fruits their aromatic smell and are have been used for thousands of years for a variety of uses.
- Many oils have been found to have anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-tumoral properties. Essential oils are 50 to 70 times more powerful than herbs!
- Oils can be used in three different ways: 1) Aromatically, 2) Topically, 3) Internally.
- Some essential oils are “hot” and can irritate the skin. Always use caution when applying topically and use a carrier oil to help dilute (fractionated coconut oil, sunflower oil, olive oil) before applying the essential oil.
- Essential oils can enter the bloodstream within 30 seconds!
- Always dilute all essential oils when using on children and babies.
- Essential oils have the ability to pass through the cell membrane, due to their lipophilic properties, and can therefore penetrate each cell in our bodies to fight viruses and help our bodies heal. Prescription drugs and antibiotics cannot do this, which makes essential oils a great alternative.
- Not all essential oils are created equally! Many essential oil brands are not safe for internal use because they are not totally pure. When using essential oils, always find a brand that you can trust to be TOTALLY Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. These companies guarantee their oils are pure, safe to use and highly effective.
- Essential oils are highly ALKALINE and highly ANTIOXIDANT. Taking them regularly can promote a very healthy body environment where infection and disease cannot thrive.
- When inhaled, essential oils travel through our nose to the olfactory nerve. This nerve is connected to the limbic system of our brain where emotions are controlled. This is why essential oils are highly effective in helping deal with mood disorders such as depression, anxiety and ADHD.
Massages: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Sports, Back, Scalp, and Chair Massage, and Reflexology,
Treatments: Aroma Therapy, Sinus & Headache, Foot Scrub
? What is MASSAGE ? : It is the rubbing and kneading of muscles and joints of the body with the hands, especially to relieve tension or pain.
late 19th century: from French, from masser 'knead, treat with massage', probably from Portugueseamassar 'knead', from massa 'dough'.
>>> Every massage includes HotStones ($15 value) <<<
- Swedish Massage (30 minutes: $40.00) - (55 minutes: $65.00)
The father of Swedish massage (and also) physical therapy is Per Henrik Ling (1776-1839) of Smaaland, Sweden, a physiologist and fencing master.
Swedish Massage is a soft-tissue massage used for relaxation. It consists of long strokes and kneading of the outer layers of muscle tissue to reduce stress. Light pressure is applied with the combination of different variety of strokes on the superficial muscles and tissues. Swedish massage is based on the Western concepts of anatomy and physiology.
Swedish massage combined with hot lava stones promotes deep muscle and tissue relaxation.
- Deep Tissue Massage (30 minutes:$50.00) - (60 minutes: $90.00)
Muscles are pretreated with the heated stones to allow the therapist to more easily perform deep tissue manipulations. Deep Tissue Massage targets the body's deepest layers of muscles and involves stronger pressure. This massage is a mix of slow, short, strokes, and penetrating finger pressure focused on tight, contracted areas and employing thumbs, forearms, and elbows to work muscle tissue and relive tension. The aim is to restore structural alignment and balance within the body by reducing chronic tensions, formed by deep muscular tension, which inhibits postural ease and movement. It works mainly on connective tissue or fascia, which raps, binds, supports, and separates all internal structures, including the skeletal muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments, and organs. It increases lymphatic flow, breaks up fibrosis that binds and glues one muscle fiber to another, relaxes muscle spasms and relives pain.
- BACK Massage (30 minutes: $45.00) - (55 minutes: $95.00) ***NO DISCOUNT ***
*** It CANNOT be combined with any promotions! ***
- Hot Stone Massage (30 minutes: $40.00) - (50 minutes: $85.00)
Heated lava stones are placed at specific sites on the client's body to promote relaxation and to help penetrate deeper into muscles. Muscles are pretreated with the heated stones to allow the therapist to more easily perform deep tissue manipulations.
- Sports Massage (30 minutes: $40.00) - (60 minutes: $90.00)
Sports massage was originally developed to help athletes prepare their bodies for optimal performance, recover after a big event, or function well during training. Sports massage emphasizes prevention and healing of injuries to the muscles and tendons. It is detailed, focused, anatomically specific massage that targets and corrects your unique physical issues. It helps to break up scar tissue, loosens muscle fibers by separating them from one another so they can act freely, with more flexibility. Sports massage focuses on areas that are overused, ans stressed from repetitive and often aggressive movements. Sprts Massage combined with HotStones increases the effectiveness of your massage.
- Reflexology (15 minutes: $15.00) - (30 minutes $50)
"The oldest documentation of the use of Reflexology is found in Egypt, in the tomb of Ankhmahor at Saqqara. it was also known 5000 years ago in ancient India. It was probably taken by Buddhist monks to China. American Indians extensively used Reflexology to control pain and disease. Marco Polo returned from China (1275) in the flowing reports of the highly civilised county, which he called Cathay. Marco Polo translated the Chen Lau Chin Chingo, where there is evidence of the introduction of Chinese massage techniques to the west."
Massage is performed either on the feet or on the hands. Pressure points respond to different organs in the body. The pressure / reflex points are stimulated with finger pressure. The aim is to bring the whole body back to a natural state of balance and well-being. This treatment is for 30 minutes maximum.
- Scalp Massage (10 minutes: $15.00 - if added to any service: $10.00)
A scalp massage is a head massage designed to relax the mind and encourage circulation. Massage can increase the production of certain chemicals in the body, including endorphins and serotonin. Scalp massage also can relieve pain by improving circulation and removing muscle tension. This can be especially helpful if you have a migraine or headache. Migraines are sometimes caused by a decrease in serotonin levels; scalp massage may be able to increase serotonin levels and relieve pain. Headaches, on the other hand, may be caused by muscle tension, which a scalp massage can also alleviate.
Chair Massage (1 minutes: $1.00 - 5 minutes minimum) - advanced notice required
Massage is performed on a special chair. Client receives 10-15 minute massage on this chair. This is a "Quick Fix". It can be done everywhere basically.
- Scalp Massage (10 minutes: $15.00 - if added to any service: $10.00)
- ORGANIC Foot Scrub ($20.00 - if added to any service: $10.00) ANY PROMOTION: ADD $20.00
It is a special treat for your tired feet. This treatment of exfoliation that softens the skin and increases circulation, using a scented sugar scrub made with essential oils to tantalize your senses. Your feet are then wrapped in warm towels that sooth and relax. When the scrub is removed, you receive a luxurious foot massage. This will leave you and your feet feeling happy and soft.
- Organic Sinus Treatment and Headache Relief
Sinus treatment releives tension caused by nasal congestion, allergies, tension headaches, and colds. Gentle pressure is applied to facial pressure points, cheeks, and nose. This treatment includes scalp, neck and shoulder massage also.
Headache Relief can help relieve headaches by releasing tight muscles, reducing scar tissue, and promoting healing habits and reducing anxiety. Organic Peppermint oil is included in this treatment.
15m $15.00 (30 minutes: $40.00)
30m massage + 30m Organic Sinus Treatment and Headache Relief $65.00
60m massage + 15m Organic Sinus Treatment and Headache Relief $75.00
Sinus treatment releives nasal tension while massage back aches and neck pain.
Do NOT schedule Sinus Treatment: "If the cause of the pain is bacterial or viral infection. This is because massage may help spread the infection. Massage should not be done if there is a fever, aches, or an acute sinus infection." Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5767857_massage-treatment-sinus-pressure.html#ixzz2i2yfUhzk
Gift Certificates & E-Gift Certificates are available for purchase!
Promotional Value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires.